MIDAS Outage Manager
Scheduled Outage Self-Service Management
- Optimization: Improve monitoring by enabling outage management within HPOM.
- Collaboration: Reduce administrative tasks by delegating outages from the administrator to the application owners.
- Flexibility: All enterprise needs are covered by unlimited possibilities for configuring outages.
- Transparency: Full reporting of past, present and future outages and changes guarantee proper auditing.
- Quality: Reduce administration effort and increase outage accuracy to improve the handling.
Outages, which are defined as the ability to suppress or disable the monitoring for a specific monitoring subset on one or more nodes, are a necessity in most enterprise environments. However outages are difficult to manage within HPOM. Creating outages can be tedious and coordinating anything more than a rudimentary configuration can become an administrative challenge.
MIDAS Outage Manager simplifies the usage and management of outages within HPOM. It plugs directly into your existing MIDAS/HPOM environment giving you a consistent user interface. Web-based access, self-service, transparency and reporting are fundamental MIDAS concepts that are also applied to resolve and simplify the configuration of your outages. Reduced administrative effort, better quality and higher accuracy of outages are the business benefits of the MIDAS Outage Manager.
One of the main features of MIDAS Outage Manager is the self-service monitoring system. To increase productivity, monitoring has to be streamlined and communication overheads reduced wherever possible. By allowing the service or application owners to define when their application is off-line, you delegate the responsibility to those people who have the specific knowledge of that service or application.
Administrator vs. Operator
By separating the setup work from the administrator's daily work, you can hide the setup details, ensuring that your operators have a simple and easy-to-use interface. Reporting features and alerts ensure that your administrators retain the overall responsibility and are continuously aware of the current status.
Mon. - Fri. from
9.00am - 5.00pm CET
except on German national holidays
BLUE ELEPHANT SYSTEMS
4106 Lakepoint Drive
Tuscaloosa AL 35405
Phone: +1 205 553 5500
FAX: +1 866 252 8253
Mon. - Fri. from
9.00am - 5.00pm CST
except on national holidays